Mothering Forum banner

Quick on and off, secure - what do you recommend?

432 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Quirky 
#1 ·
I am looking for a carrier for my (now) 12 week old that is easy/quick to take on and off for quick jaunts in to pick up my older son from daycare. I'd like to be able to pop the baby in and out quickly without a bunch of "muss and fuss", but have it secure enough that I can carry my older son's latest art work, dirty clothes, boots, etc. and chase him to the car. Right now I am using a structured carrier, (Infantino - like a Bjorn) but it is such a hassle to get on and off and it doesn't feel very secure if I lean forward, (i.e helping older son go potty before we leave Preschool).

Unfortunately, my new babe HATES my Heart to Heart ring sling, (which my older son LOVED) so I am at a loss. It was at least a quick slip over the shoulder and I could pop him in and out pretty quickly, (though my back got sore fast).

Ideally this sling could also serve the function of being our main baby carrier for wearing around the house, walks, errands, etc. so good for longer term wearing as well.

I like the look of the stretchy Hotslings and the structure of the Kozy Mei Tei, but both look like they'd take a while to get on...

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Kathy.

See less See more
#2 ·
How about an Onbuhimo?
Its similar to a Mei Tai but simplier.
There r 2 straps and u just loop them through the hoops at the botrom of the body, tie and go. Its probably the quickest back carry on earth-LOL

Quit secure, comfy and super easy to pop on and off.

Umm Ibi

#3 ·
The Kozy (or other MT) doesn't take that long once you've mastered it. And you can do a high back carry, which is awesome, because then you're hands-free and can lean forward more so than when baby is on your front.

You could also check out a soft structured carrier such as an Ergo, Patapum, Beco, etc. -- although at this age you could only wear baby on the front, in a couple of months you can move to a back carry when baby is comfortable sitting in a straddle position. This is the quickest and comfiest and most secure way to carry baby, IMO -- two buckles and you're done!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.