Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm told the newborn stretch wool cover fits quite a bit longer than the website says (10 lbs), and I did find that the large stretch wool cover fit larger than promised as well.

Can anyone confirm this about the newborn stretch covers? Did yours fit beyond 10 lbs?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
yes, this is definitly true. they run big, most babies will outgrow the rise before the waist.
i had a customer come in the other day who's good sized 7wk old was still in the newborns with room to grow!

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
It's true. I'm selling off my newborn ones right now on eBay
and they're only just now snug on my 16 1/2 lb twin (he's 4 mo & chunky).

·
Registered
685 Posts
Yes, I'd say the stretch wool covers fit beyond the listed weights. I don't remember when my ds outgrew the newborn size, but he was over 8# at birth and he wore them for awhile, so I'd say he was definitly over 10#. On both the newborn and smalls, he outgrew the rise while still on the farthest snaps (though, he is a tall, thin baby). He is still wearing a medium now at 23#.

·
Registered
316 Posts
definitely true. i have embroidered enough of them to know they will fit well over 10lbs. the larges would fit a skinny 50lbr!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know the larges are big - they fit my 30+ toddler with plenty of snaps left... what's up with that? Thanks for all the help with the nb sizing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.