Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I am getting a UTI, so I was wondering if there is any reason not to take cranberry tablets during ovulation/the TWW? Could it make the environment too acidic for sperm? (I am in the midst of O.)

I will take a tablet when I get home from work, so I'd appreciate a prompt answer. Thanks!

(Note: I put this here and not in health and healing, because the question is about TTC, and I figured these ladies would be able to answer my question better.)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
It can make your CM more acidic, but I don't know how long that takes. Maybe it'll just make it more likely that you'll have a girl?

Sorry about the UTI. I wouldn't wait on the cranberry juice/pills... it's not worth getting a bad UTI.

Feel better!

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by anne1140 View Post
I think I am getting a UTI, so I was wondering if there is any reason not to take cranberry tablets during ovulation/the TWW? Could it make the environment too acidic for sperm? (I am in the midst of O.)

I will take a tablet when I get home from work, so I'd appreciate a prompt answer. Thanks!

(Note: I put this here and not in health and healing, because the question is about TTC, and I figured these ladies would be able to answer my question better.)
I got a RAGING UTI 2 DPO the first time I got pregnant (only knew this in hindsight, obviously
). I took cranberry pills and uristat, and when that didn't work I got antibiotics. I just told the doctor that I *could* be pregnant and she prescribed me safe antibiotics. And then, voila, a week later, my BFP.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ugh, there's not much more miserable than a UTI! I agree with the others, take the cranberry pill! (FWIW, I took some while TTC because I'm prone to UTIs and wasn't hopping up to go to the bathroom immediately after DTD.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.