Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm new to temping and a little confused/frustrated about how to keep it accurate. My goal is to temp around 8 each morning, but for a bunch of reasons I'm really stressed out right now and have been waking up way early, which is VERY unwelcome!

Day 1: woke up at 6, temp was 96.93
Day 2: woke up at 7, temp was 97.18
Day 3: temp was 97.45 at 7:30 (tossed and turned a bit before temping)
This morning: woke up at 5:15, temped and got 96.63. Managed to get back to sleep, so temped again at 9:45 and got 97.6.

My question: I know temps go up on average 0.2 degrees per hour of sleeping in. I did some math and figured that's roughly how much it went up between 5:15 and 9:45. So I did some more math and figured it would have been around 97.17 around 7:30, so that's what I recorded on the chart. Do you think this is fair to record for the purposes of figuring out my coverline down the road? What do you do when you don't get an accurate temp one day?
p.s. I'm on CD6.

· Registered
1,139 Posts
I take my temp between 5 and 8 am and never get 3 hours of sleep. I see a pattern anyway. No need to add more stress to your life. Just take a temp before you get out of bed and record it. Good luck!

· Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, you two! You're right, why add more stress?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.