Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your quick meal ideas for when you don't have a lot of time?<br><br>
Mine are:
<ul><li>sprouted sourdough toast spread thickly with pate, maybe some lacto-fermented veggies (pickles are really nice) on the side</li>
<li>pickled eggs (hardboiled eggs that have been dropped in pickled beet liquid for a day or two), pickled beets, sprouted sourdough toast with cultured butter</li>
<li>kefir smoothie with bee pollen, coconut oil, cod liver oil, berries, possibly some raw honey (maybe)</li>
<li>raw milk cheese, Scandinavian rye crisp crackers (I usually have the traditional sort that is baked in a wheel... not sure how TF they are?), lacto-fermented veggies</li>
<li>cultured cottage cheese with veggies</li>
</ul>

·
Registered
709 Posts
My real quick ones are<br>
Kefir smoothies, raw cheese & sourdough, crispy nut butter & sourdough.<br><br>
Mostly....I just cook in BULK....so I have pancakes, waffles, veggie loaded quiche & baked oatmeal all in the freezer. That way...I always have good healthy breakfasts at my finger tips.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Now that I have to do breakfast quick to get out the door for work and even oatmeal takes too long...I find it takes me less than 5 minutes to scramble up a couple of eggs in my cast iron skillet and toast some sprouted grain bread and slap some raw butter and honey on the toast. Even my soaked oats take 10 minutes to cook, a few more minutes to stir in all the goodies (raw butter, maple syrup, flax seed, coconut oil and sea salt) and then it takes longer to eat because it's piping hot hehe.<br><br>
Lunch I'm really slacking on now that I'm working full time again...my TF these days is only breakfast and dinner at home...lunch is usually out or something from TJ's heated in the microwave and I feel like a failure. So I've been settling for TJ's nitrate/nitrite free lunch meat and raw cheese sandwiches and a once a week Indian buffet with white rice...better than succumbing to frozen or fast food. I really am so exhausted at the end of the day I don't have any motivation to make a meat salad, soup in a thermos or something more TF friendly for dh and I to take to work.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
On Sunday I make up a batch of friendly sauce/marinade, marinate a whole package of chicken breasts, and broil them all up. Then I slice them and keep them in a tupperware. You could also just broil up plain chicken breasts and make them into chicken salad. Anyway, then I chop up all my salad and various salad veggies and put them in containers in the fridge. Then during the week, it's really easy to put lunch together in 5 minutes - just pull out the salad greens, toss on some veggies and chicken and extra sauce, and you're good to go. If you want to make it really TF, you could add raw cheese or LF veggies or crispy nuts to the salad.<br><br>
This packs well too, if you've got the containers for it. DH has some variation of this for lunch most days (I just pack the dressing in a separate small container).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts