Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom hired some cleaners to come clean my house to thank me for helping her move. There are three of them - one is the owner, and the other two are his employees.<br><br>
Do I tip all three of them? Do I only tip the two employees? How much would you tip? (It's a pretty thorough expensive cleaning.)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I worked as a maid for a while. Most people didn't tip, some did. It was always greatly appreciated when we got tipped. If you can afford it give them $15-20 and let them decide how to split it. Cleaning other people's houses was the absolute worst job I ever had.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
We have a service that comes every other week. Sometimes the owner comes sometimes she doesn't. It's usually 2-3 people. When the house is extra-messy we'll tip them but normally we do not. We're not usually home when they come so I just add the extra to the check that we leave.<br><br>
At holiday time we tip them and leave some chocolates or something like that.<br><br>
BTW: awesome gift!!! The first time we had the service come I thought the house was fairly clean... when they left I felt like I could eat out of the toilet it was so clean!!!

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I was thinking $15, too. When I cleaned homes, tips were a rarity unless it was around the holiday. If a tip was offered, it was simply given to the owner or added to the check and she distributed it to us. She didn't take any of the tip herself... except around the holidays and even then she usually didn't take a cut of the cash tips.<br><br>
Nice of you to think of it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts