Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are two Baby Bjorn potties. Which one should I get...the $22 larger one or the $10 travel one? The bigger one looks more stable, with back support and all...less balancing on top? But the other looks nice and small and low...

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
the little one. There is also the "Splashproof Potty" which is similar to the little potty but is slightly higher and has "wings" at the bottom for better stability (though it's been discontinued in north america and is hard to find). Babies should be in a squat, the regular trainer potty with the removable bowl keeps their legs together too much and is way too big for a baby.

·
Registered
162 Posts
do you transition from the bblp to a bigger potty and then to the toilet or directly? i wonder if my dd (19 months) is starting to outgrow the bblp, heightweise? actually i have two of them so sometimes i just sit one on top of the other to give her a little extra height, though i really have no idea if that helps her. is the key to make sure that their legs don't dangle? but then it would be forever before they just sit on the toilet, no?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Again my opinion might not be important, I never used a kid potty or insert with either kid. That isn't quite accurate, we tried the insert with my DS but he found it way more fun to put it in and out, and in and out, than to actually sit on it, after all mom and dad dont! Come to think of it, Daddy had to go out of his way to let my DS see that he does too sit on occasion. We had to get a stool for DS to be tall enough to aim in the potty, and that has gone the way as soon as he managed to stand on tip toes and make it in. Just like Daddy

With my DD we went straight to the big potty, DD needs a little help getting up there, and quitre honestly thinks it is too cold to sit on so she tends to want me to hold her off the seat, can't quite blame her, in this cold house I wish there was a way to warm it up for me!

Anyway, our decision was more made for money than anything else, so just throwing my 2 cents in. We jsut didn't have the loot for a potty or insert, and though I was certain she was way to small to sit on the big one, we worked out a way that she can sit, it seemed a daunting task then (a whole 2 months ago). But she was determinded to tell me when she had to pee, and I was determined to get her to quit peeing in my tub!

·
Registered
677 Posts
i've seen other people hold their DCs over a toilet but i honestly don't think my dd would go for it, she is so used to sitting on the bblp by herself ... could she relax and eliminate if i was holding her? i don't know when we have to face this issue, till then i guess it will just be the bblp.

·
Registered
72 Posts
We've used BB Potty Chair (the one with an insert) since DS was about 3 months and it worked great for us. Better than holding him above a pad/newspaper. I liked the back support since he could not sit by himself then and it was easier on my back this way.

Of course, I started pottying DS without the help of this forum or any books, just relying on my mom's knowledge so I did not know that it is not the 'right' potty chair
What I am saying is that you can use any recepticle (sink, potty, a bunch of newspaper on the floor) that you are comfortable with, it does not matter.

IMHO the more different ways your baby can pee the better. We don't have to bring our potty with us if we are out and about since DS would as gladly pee on the bushes as he does into the potty at home. He'd also poop on the ground and I'll just scoop it as if he were a dog IYKWIM. DS is 14 months and almost fully trained.

Elena

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.