Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I talked to my mom today (who hasn't been the most supportive). She's been calling me more, and today said that she's going to come to the baby shower. She wasn't planning on it, my dad is coming down and she wanted to miss seeing him, but she said that she is going to make it if she can! She's switching jobs, so I understand if the money is tight.

I'm really feeling hopeful that she is coming around...................finally!

And, I peeked at my registry
and saw that someone got me the baby swing that I wanted. I registered, but didn't think that anyone actually uses those things.. I was so bored being alone at home that I didn't know what else to do!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
That is so great, Carrie! I hope your mom shows up and you all have a great time!

As for the registry: I have been checking mine everyday
sometimes twice

I am home all day too. Checking has only made me depressed, because one 2 things have been purchased (out of 45)
. I know when my mom bought my car seat, she didn't mark it off the registry, so I am hoping that happened more than once!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That happens a lot, or someone sees a less expensive version of what you asked for and got that instead..

With my luck, though, everyone will get me the same thing, and I'll end up with a whole bunch of bottles and 'sposies!
:

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!! Someone got me the car seat and the stroller too!!!

I'm just feeling like it's actually happening. Baby is moving more, my little bro and family are all going to be here tomorrow.. It's pretty cool!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Carrie-- I have already decided that any sposies or baby bottles I get (beside the TWO Playtex nursers I registered for) will be going to hurrican victims or to our local mama's shelter. IF I can't return them

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ozzyemm, I like the way you think!!

I'm going to be returning EVERYTHING that I don't want.. I'm sure I'll get lots of baby bottles and onesies that will never be used. I'm going to leave all of the tags on the clothes so that I can get larger ones when baby needs them.

Besides, Target has a GREAT return policy.. I mean, that stroller might turn into a few slings!
You never know, right?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I was obsessively HORRIBLE with my registry list!! hahaha it's kind of fun though! But don't worry.. if a lot of things aren't taken off the registry, it doesn't mean you won't get TONS of useful stuff anyhow! AND.. I thought for sure we'd get tons of bottles and disposable dipes - I intended to keep some but only what I thought we would need, since obviously the need is not so great when the intent is to cloth diaper and use good ole natural boob food! hehe BUT I only got a few bottles, which are good to use with a breast pump and NO diapers! A couple packs of cloth but no sposies! I was kind of hoping to get like a pack or two for the beginning! Oh well.. expect a lot of blankets, since the babes are due in the winter... we got soooo many blankets, and they are all so cozy and cute!!
I can't wait to snuggle my little daughter in all her darling blankets!! hehee
We're getting so close guys!!!!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Carrie-- About Target: Their return policy is good, up to a point. it probably won't be a problem with a Baby Shower, but I knew a couple who exceeded Target's "return limit." They had tried to return too many things, and were stuck with stuff they didn't want. Now my question is why did they register, then?? But anyway, make sure you have REAL receipts, not gift receipts. With gift receipts, you can only get in-store credit, but if you have a real receipt, you can get cash. Good if you want to get stuff from somewhere besides Target.

Shannon-- I registered for alot of blankets! Really, when I registered I was thinking "What do I really NEED???" I couldn't really think of anything! I guess i will be returning stuff that I don't need

Also, off topic-- I think the best present for a Baby Shower would be two tickets to the movies, or a restaurant gift card, or BOTH
. These would be great for the weeks/ days leading up to birth. Mom and Dad tend to get immersed in all the "baby stuff," they need time for each other!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, the Target here has a great organics section and lots of cool stuff--store credit is fine with me!!

I registered for a few Dr.Brown's bottles, my mom is getting me my breast pump, and SO's grandma is going to get us baby loot the next time she goes to Mexico. I was just surprised that people actually used my registry!

I
the idea of movie tickets and gift cards. That's awesome! That's what I'll do for the next baby shower I go to. I've never been to one before, so it'll be a first time as a guest.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Boo leather!!

Just kidding! I wouldn't buy leather for my babe (I don't wear it) but that's cool. It lasts a long time, and the Robees are cute!! I wanna get my baby some Chucks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.