Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,994 Posts
The JoAnn fabric store near me has a bunch of very pretty 100% cotton batiks. We have another specialty fabric store that also has a variety of really nice cotton batiks. So, if you have a fabric store (other than WalMart) nearby, I'd say check it out.
I have never bought batiks on=line, but I'm sure there are some good places.

· Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That store doesn't have any batiks on line, and I don't know exactly what I want until I see it, so I can't really buy based on description. I think I'll be checking out the JoAnn fabric store to see what they have in stock...

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions.

· Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by andreac
If you ever make it into Manhattan The City Quilter is an amazing store. A little pricey, but you really do get what you pay for...worlds nicer than any fabric I've ever gotten at Joannes.
I have been there once--and it IS an amazing store--thanks for the reminder. They carry a ton of Marcus Brothers fabrics which I usually love. There's also another store near there that has every fabric under the sun (more decorator, less quilting, but yummy nonetheless). I forget the name, but I found them through some project Martha Stewart had in her magazine. I'll have to figure out that one again.

Maybe a trip into NY is in order (though the idea of dragging dd around fabric stores is not appealing). My IL's are here this weekend, though, and they love going into the city, so maybe I can go with assistance.

· Registered
2,612 Posts
It was my first exposure to quilting and quilting fabrics...I've definately been spoiled :LOL

Just wanted to say if you don't make it in this weekend, call ahead to make sure they are open. I'm pretty sure they are closed on Mondays if I recall, as I discovered much to my chagrin...after driving all the way in from CT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.