Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you'se ladies out there? what have you done lately? is your activist community "good" with your other family obligations?

·
Registered
781 Posts
I am a lapsed activist! When I was in college (I graduated in '01) I was involved in a lot of anti-globalization/economic justice actions and education. I was also involved in supporting the Nader/Laduke campaign (2000). After 9/11 I was involved in a lot of anti-war activities. In 2003 my husband and I helped start a peace and justice group at our church which focused on raising conciousness in our fairly conservative church about what Jesus had to say about war and economic justice, and the historic witness of many Christian groups along those lines. We recently moved to rural NH where the action level is much lower than it was in the greater Boston area (where we used to live). I was pretty discouraged after the last election (come on people!) but my spirits were raised after finding out we had concieved our daughter shortly after. I really haven't been officially "active" since, but I really do see having a child in the face of the current state of affairs an act of resistence and radical hope. Hows the activist scene down in Texas?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts