Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having rapid weight gain all of a sudden? Or did the last two months in a previous pregnancy?

The last week I have put on 5 lbs - and that's with being sick and not being able to keep anything down for 2 straight days. I haven't been eating *great* but not super poorly either- not poorly enough to have 5 lbs put on. I don't feel as if I'm swelling or retaining fluid, even though I'm on my feet 8 hrs a day.

Any other causes that it could be?

·
Registered
651 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
If you were sick and not able to pay close attention to your water intake, it's entirely possible that your body is retaining fluid too. If there's a sudden drop in fluids (especially during illness), your body will WAY overcompensate for it.

Another possibility is just stress. My most rapid weight gain came before my mom's visit in May... I was a basket case. When she left, I actually lost a few pounds. Gained it back of course, but if you've been under extra stress, your body could be a bit whacky because of it.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Your blood volume also rapidly increases in the last trimester. Up your protein (75-100 grams), salt food to taste and get enough fluids. I seem to gain about 2-4 pounds a month. For me, that's light. But, I expect that it may go up in the next few months to account for blood volume increase. I also expect to get a lecture about it. Whatever.
blahblah.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.