Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this is kind of a gross/ewwwwwww post, but if anyone has ideas on how to help this, I know it's the folks here, so here goes.<br><br>
A few weeks ago, I had the bright idea to listen to some CDs at a bookstore using those communal earphones (I know - ugh!) I didn't think much of it at the time, but now, weeks later, I have this weird flaking/itching/kind-of rash right inside my ear - in clear view for others no less!! I tried witch hazel with a q-tip, but it burned a bit (although it reduced the itching). Then I tried garlic eardrops, also applied w/a q-tip and I thought I had improvement until I looked at my ear tonight (all these gross flakes). So then I just wiped at my ear with some warm water and a q-tip and part of the rash started to bleed. Next thing I know, DH and I are sitting there and he says "OMG what is wrong with your ear?!!" (poor DH - so romantic). He said "It's really red, and it looks like there's a hole in it! (I'm guessing he meant other than the ear canal.<br><br>
So, I'm wondering what's next? Should I try diluted tea tree oil? I think this might work, but I have to wait for the little cut to heal. Any other ideas?? Sorry again about the gross-out nature of this post! Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Clean as you are, just make sure you are not cleaning too much that you are rubbing off the healing layers.<br><br>
I have this somewhat frequently unfortuantely... uncertain what goes on but my ear will become flakey & red like this maybe once or twice a year. This year I tried outting some coconut oil in it and it seemed to do the trick as well.<br><br><br>
Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts