Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dd just developed a rash on her arms only. Its itchy red bumps that she has scratched to bleeding in a few spots. It appeared after she went swimming the first time at the Y....but dh DID shower her off, so I dont know if thats what it is. It disappears on its own sometimes.....but last night I put some hydrocortizone ointment on it and it seemed to help.....but it looked like another spot came up this morning.<br><br>
Im taking her in to the naturopath this afternoon, but wondering if anyone has experience something similar??<br><br>
thanks

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Sorry I don't have an answer for you. I'm actually curious about this too!! My 8 yo dd had this come up a couple weeks ago, then again yesterday evening between her shoulder blades. Now this morning, it was on her upper arms and below her knees. Its obviously is an irritation of some sort and is itching her like the dickens, but I'm not sure whats causing it.<br>
I'm wondering if its hormones for my dd.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I took her to the naturopath.....and she said its possible its excema, which does run in my family....but that it was odd that it was on the outside of her arm......and not on any other part of her body. She told me to eliminate dairy from her diet for a week or so, add flax oil and gave me a remedy of sulpher to use. It already looks better today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts