Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 18-mo-old suddenly has an angry-looking but seemingly itchless rash all over his <a href="http:/pink">legs...red/pink</a> and uneven around the edges, darker than hives usually are. I did put some lotion on his legs, but that was a few days ago--too late for a rxn now? It's VERY dry here--dry skin? He hasn't eaten anything new or unusual.<br><br>
Any thoughts on what this could be? How do I know when to be concerned?<br><br>
(Xposted in Health and Healing: Allergies--but not getting many responses)

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Don't know if this is the same thing at all, but my son had a rash on his legs in September that turned out to be a viral. It lasted about 6 weeks and got pretty bad looking, but was itchless, raised, red, uneven. It ended up on most of his body, but concentrated on legs.<br><br>
Sounds a lot alike, but rashes can really be hard to diagnose...

·
Registered
265 Posts
DD has had this for the past several weeks, I think it is probably either viral or allergy related. It does not cause her discomfort, just mainly causes me grief from seeing it. It did spread onto her stomach and armpits for a couple days but is once again contained to the upper/inner thigh area. Someone suggested it could be eczema. I am not sure what it is though. I am just keeping an eye on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts