Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DS was at my in-laws the last two days. I noticed tonight when I was undressing him for bath that his shoulders looked red, sort of like they were sunburned. I also noticed it was red around the outside of his diaper is. I thought it kinda looked like he may have been outside in a tank and diaper...it looked like he had 'lines' where his clothes were. As the night has gone on it has turned into a blotchy, red rash. It is completely flat. No pimples or pustules. It is behind his ears, a bit on his face, his trunk and around his diaper area now. He has no fever. Doesn't seem to have swollen glands. He has been acting fine. When I was nursing him, he did itch a bit. I wanted to take pictures, but my batteries died. He doesn't have any allergies that we know of. He didn't eat anything different or alarming, but was outside a great amount of the time. That is the best description I can give. I tried to look it up and can't find anything that is exactly like it.<br><br>
Any ideas? I hate not knowing what it could be. It makes me so nervous. Now I'm wondering if I should contact the parents of the child I watch tomorrow and see if they should keep her home and find alternate care.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It seemed to clear up about an hour after I posted this last night. So, I'm wondering if his skin was just irritated by the hot weather.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts