Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help DS has an awful diaper rash; red and slightly bumpy... he had thrush a few weeks again but that has cleared up. I thought that is was a heat rash from having his diaper on during this awful heat rash... but then my sister told me that it could be candida???? And when I looked it up on the web... the pics were horrible... any ideas?

First time mama and really scared.

·
Registered
520 Posts
This may or may not help but my son had a nasty rash which would not respond to burts bees stuff, but a&d worked wonders on it. Our non-rx-junkie dr. was about to prescribe stuff for it when my mom suggested the a&d.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Candida is a fungal rash caused by yeast. Its par for the course with thrush. Probiotics can help combat yeast overgrowth, as can letting your babe "air out" as much as possible. Conventional diaper creams probably won't help much on this rash. If you want to go the allopathic route, there are some creams/tinctures that can be applied to make the rash go away. I'm sure there are other homeopathic/naturopathic remedies out there and hopefully someone will come along and post some.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts