Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style="font-family:'Comic Sans MS';"><span style="font-size:small;">My 2 year old dd has a rash on her back that started out 2 weeks ago with just a few pimples and now covers most of her left shoulder blade. It is now more patchy then pimply. It doesn't seem to bother her- no itching, no fever. We haven't used any new soaps/lotions or foods. I have been sporadically appling calendula gel and aloe vera. She has been on a<br>
homeopathic heavy metal detox for about 3 weeks now (we are not sure from what yet- she hasn't been vaxed). She also had a cold that has been lingering in her chest for a few weeks. The ND didn't seem to concerned but it seems strange to me that it is hanging on so long and slowing spreading. I hesitate to take her in to the MD -I predict they may just send us home with cortisone cream or something of the sort.<br><br>
If anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate hearing them.<br></span></span>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,488 Posts
IMO stop all medicine and see if it clears up.<br><br>
Although I've never heard of a reaction to homeopathic, but who knows?<br><br>
That's what I would do.<br><br>
And I would NOT take her to an MD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,344 Posts
Hi there,<br><br>
The MD could do a test on the rash, actually diagnose the cause of it, and help her eliminate it.<br><br>
Or, he or she could recommend her to a specialist who would be able to find the cause of even an obscure allergic reaction.<br><br>
My MD diagnosed two different rashes I had right away. One was caused by an artificial scent in laundry soap (Tide) and no cream was needed, just a soap change. The other STARTED out on my lower legs as a reaction to the same soap, but my scratching caused a secondary fungal infection, which needed a prescription cream for a few days and it cleared right up.<br><br>
If nothing has changed, and if you don't use any soaps with any artificial scents in them (allergies can develop at any time, even if you haven't switched) and if it's SPREADING, then I wouldn't wait too much longer before taking her to an MD for diagnosis.<br><br>
That's the beauty of options, you have tried the Naturopath, no advice.... I'd try the MD.<br><br>
Good luck.<br><br>
Trin.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top