Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was just looking and I know that this has been asked before but I couldn't find it. DD gets the worst rash from time to time. I don't always catch it if she poops and she doesn't always tell me and then we have real problems. It will take days to clear up and sposies always seem to do the trick - what else can I do? Is there a majic cream out there? She gets so red and changing her become a nightmare with her screaming and her legs are strong! It's hard to get in and clean when she won't let me! TIA!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I know desitain is a big no no w/ cloth. But man is that stuff thick! It seems like nothing can get thru it! It is a great 'barrier cream' IMHO. One application stays on till bathtime!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I would try the maalox and cornstarch paste? you can put it on thick and then apply at every diaper change, it sounds like acid on the bum and that is what is causing it! Otherwise I agree using a barrier cream to block the poo from touching the skin while diaper is on is the best option for prevention, however won't do a whole lot to heal it up. ~

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try the malox and cornstarch. Neither desitin or balmex works.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just got a small tub of rash-be-gone from mama's favorites. Isobel had had a persistent red rash for about 5 days - sometimes worse because she pooped 3 nights in a row in her diaper. With one application, she was better, and within a day and a half the rash was GONE! That stuff is INCREDIBLE!<br><br><a href="http://www.mamasfavorites.com/skincare.htm" target="_blank">http://www.mamasfavorites.com/skincare.htm</a><br><br>
I just found a Fresh Foods market in my area and I went a little crazy buying diaper cream - I got burt's bees, unpetroleum, and calendula. But I haven't used any of it since I got the rash-be-gone. I LOVE IT!<br><br>
Good luck!<br><br>
Jean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts