Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello mama's.. Well here I am entering the 3rd trimester of pregnancy. The reality of meeting baby soon is hitting me.

I started my rasberry leaf and nettle infusions this week. Anyone else doing them too? What do you add? How much are you drinking a day? I'm starting out with 12oz a day and I really like it cold. And I will gradually increase the intake. I have notice that I don't feel so sluggish and that my braxton hicks aren't as tight feeling. So far I am really liking the affects. Plus I feel like I am getting more minerals and nutrients into me.

Susun Weed has a great article on this infusion and all its added benefits if anyone is interested!!

http://www.susunweed.com/Article_Pregnancy_Problems.htm

· Registered
2,342 Posts
Hmmm..I have raspberry leaf tea but I"m sure it's not as potent as what you are talking about. I will check out the link and see if I need to kick into high gear.

· Registered
1,360 Posts
I have a 1 liter teapot that I fill and mix in 1/2 cup of RRL and 1/4 cup of a blend of oatstraw, nettle, and alfalfa and steep overnight. I try and drink a whole teapot worth each day, but usually I get in 1/2 to 3/4 of the pot each day.

I haven't had any BH from it, but the stuff (like almost everything else that passes through my lips) does give me bad heartburn

· Registered
581 Posts
I've been doing the same as I did my last pregnancy per my midwife's instructions.

I've been drinking a quart jar of herbal infusion a day from the beggining of this pregnancy.
1 part nettle
1 part RRL
1/2 part alfalfa
1/2 part oatstraw

recently I've started increasing the amount I drink to about 1.5 quarts and will up it to 2 quarts by my third trimester. This infusion really really helped last time and even though I ended up with a c-section (she turned sideways during labor), the surgeon commented on how healthy my uterus looked even in the area of my last incision. She said it was still very nice and strong with no thinning etc.

My midwife said that the alfalfa and oatstraw help with bloodsugar regularity, blood quality, circulation, etc.

· Registered
1,493 Posts
I've been drinking RRLT by itself for a few weeks now, and meant to talk to my MW about adding anything or doing it any differently and totally forgot. I think I'm going to go ahead and buy it in bulk, because my husband loves it and has been drinking as much if not more than me.

Does anyone use a pre-made blend that they buy in bulk?

· Registered
4,018 Posts
I used to buy it in bulk but in leaf form from the health food store. I'm not sure if this is what you meant or not?!?!

I'm not drinking it this time, since my uterus is so weak and I have so many ctx already I'm afraid of giving it more work yk?

· Registered
1,680 Posts
I get on kicks where I'm really good at doing infusions, then I go through periods where I forget all about them

They do seem to help, so you mamas are inspiring me to work at it again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.