Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm researching this--and thought I'd get some help--please provide "back up" and support your ratio claims with a link/resource/date:<br><br>
What are the ratios?:<br>
How many children/people have a reaction to the pertussis vaccine each year?<br>
How many children/people contract pertussis a year?<br>
How many children/people who contract pertussis a year are vaccinated?<br>
How many children/people die from pertussis a year?<br><br>
Of course, I'm not just interested in pertussis--I'm interested in all of them...<br><br>
Hepatitis B<br>
Diphtheria<br>
Tetanus<br>
Pertussis (Whooping cough)<br>
Haemophilus Influenzae Type B (HiB)<br>
Polio<br>
Rubeola (Measles)<br>
Mumps<br>
Rubella (German Measles)<br>
Varicella (chickenpox)<br>
Pneumococcal<br>
Hepatitis A<br>
Rotavirus<br>
Human Papillomavirus (HPV)<br>
Meningococcal (Meningitis)<br>
Influenza<br><br>
We can share information and share it as a resource! Who's up for the challenge???<br><br>
I'll be back tomorrow during naptime (hopefully--unless I'm giving birth or naptime doesn't happen) to contribute. I'm not asking this for you to do all the work for me--but rather to hasten the researching process--and it will be FOR ALL OF US!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Well, JMHO, but, I don't think you are going to be able to get 'real' ratios.<br><br>
A - many vax reactions are not reported.<br>
B - Many reactions are attributed to different things other then the vax.<br>
C - Many vpd's (esp. pertussis in my research) are now under reported because 'it can't be that, they were vax'ed for that" and<br>
D - you can get a case of a vpd that is so mild, you don't even go to the doctor for it or possibly even not realize that the person even has it, so of course that would then be unreported.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts