Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever get raw milk? I would love to try it, but where in the heck can you get it? I don't know any dairy farms, and we live in a very rural area too.

· Banned
2,837 Posts
We have been buying raw cow milk from a local organic dairy (there are few pick up locations in our area) for over a year now (as well as raw milk butter and Organic Valley raw mild cheddar cheese) for over a year now (and so do few of our neighbors) and we are very happy with this choice. I can no longer imagine giving my kids (or drinking myself for that matter) pasteurized store milk (even organic one).

· Premium Member
6,818 Posts
I found a herd share in my area through the local extension office - they put out a flier last summer with local farms & what they had available for sale - mostly fruits, veggies, eggs & meat but one farm listed 'dairy herd shares' - and I just so happend to know what that meant!!

· Registered
37 Posts
I was raised on raw milk and have been wanting to get it for my family for years now. I finally just signed up to be a shareholder in a local goat herd. I am so excited and we just got our first gallon of milk on Wed. It is the best milk I have ever tasted!! My 2 yr old loves it too and keeps asking for "goat milk". Too cute
I hope you find a great farm in your area. Besides the real milk website, I also looked up online and found out that Colorado has a Raw Milk Association. You may have something similar in your state. I highly recommend touring any farms in your area too before deciding on one. I toured 3 and the third time was the charm

· Registered
4,635 Posts
We've been getting raw milk for probably six months now and I'm really happy with the switch. It tastes so much better! And I really like that I can buy a whole bunch at once and keep it in the freezer.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I toured the farm this morning already and I get my first batch in a couple weeks
: They let me sample some as I have never had it before, and I loved it, as well as my two girls. Woo hoo!
:

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaH View Post
Yay! Did you end up getting cow's or goat's milk? I'm so happy for you!
Cow's milk. I tried both, and I think I like the taste of cow's milk a tad bit better.
:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.