Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I recognize the value of TF and been eating this way for a couple of years.  I am currently reading Raymond Francis's Never Be Sick Again, and his information goes along with TF, with additional ideas, except for one thing:  He recommends not eating fermented foods due to possilbe mold toxicity.  Any comments about this from anyone?  Thanks!</p>

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
<p>Well, I haven't read it, so I don't know what his reasons are, but the fact is that you can have mold present on any fruits or vegetables too. Or bread products, or.... it's in our air. So I personally would take that with a grain of salt. Obviously we aren't going to eat something we see mold on, but tiny amounts are there before it's visible and I'm sure we accidentally consume mold now and then. Now perhaps he is thinking that mold toxicity from those small exposures are too much for say, an immunocompromised person or someone whose detox pathways aren't functioning well, and I could see the sense in that advice. But fermented foods are so clearly helpful for so many people, I would not want to make a blanket statement that tells everyone to avoid them.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts