Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ds is 7 months now.
Avacadao caused an eczema flare up.
Butternut squash gave him a bad diaper rash.

We were back at baseline, everything looked good. I even pre dipped the spoon in the broth and watched DS feed himself. He had a mucousy poo before bed, and it left a "sunburn" rash again!

I mean he's going to have to eat solids at some point, I'm just letting him taste things right now (and letting him feed himself wherever possible) and he has reacted to everything!
I haven't found a probiotic that he doesn't react to, I was hoping the bone broth would be healing for him.....

This sucks!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
have you looked into failsafe?

http://www.plantpoisonsandrottenstuf.../failsafe.aspx

* squash is moderate for salicylates
* avocado is HIGH for both amines & salicylates
* bone broth is high in amines & glutamates

we react to bone broth. we were having it daily in everything since march to help get to baseline. we didn't. we are now at baseline after about 6-8wks on failsafe. we passed salicylates but failed amines or glutamates - we're figuring it out now. we had recurrence of eczema and diaper rash (in DD1 and DD2, respectively).

Just another piece of info that may or may not help. GL.

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
DD reacted to bone broth, but I finally figure out it was because she's allergic to chicken. We're doing lamb bone broth now (our only safe meat), and so far she seems fine with it.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherWren View Post
Oh sorry thats rough. He's pretty young though still. I personally wouldn't give him anything but breastmilk for a good five more months. Which reminds me, what are you eating? Maybe its not the foods you gave him that are bothering him.
Ha ha...I'm not eating much!! Basically about the same amount of foods at a TED, but they are different foods (which appears to get us to baseline)

Menomena - I'll check into that, thank you. I don't know much about those, maybe it will give me another clue.

At least when he woke up for an 1 hour and half last night (at 2 am), it wasn't crying - he just wanted to toss and turn and be awake. I guess things could always be worse!

Thanks again ladies - you always give me something to think about!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
re: avocado. unfortunately, you'll never know unless you try. *you* could always try failsafe prior to her starting solids and see if it makes a difference for you. i wish we'd figured dd1's allergies out while she was still exclusively nursing - it would have made life a lot easier...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.