Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished with my homevisit, which was also my 36 week appt and my GBS test. My HB MW has an office that I go for appts, so her trainee MW comes and does a home visit at 36 weeks, which was great. She stayed for almost 2 hours (!!!) and we talked about these last weeks of waiting and labor fears and perineal massage and decisions/protocol for right after birth. It was really nice to have that time to not feel rushed and just talk.

My BP was really good, my fundal measurement right on track and this LO was very active for her as she felt him and got a heartbeat.

The GBS test she didn't let me swab myself (which I was hoping for), but she just lightly ran the swab on the outside of my vag and perineal area. . .so it was painless and non-invasive. I feel pretty good about passing the test, but even if I fail it she said I can make a decision to either have or decline the antibiotics (assuming I birth at home).

So now I am set to go with my HB! My birth tub even came yesterday so now I just need to do a trail run with that and we are ready.
:

Yay for September!

· Registered
883 Posts
I am glad all went well with your appt. My mw does the GBS test in the yoni also...well I guess your didn't even go inside. Interesting. Hope it's a pass. Good luck with the trial run on the tub. I am getting pretty excited as well. My birth kit just arrived and that is the last of the prep stuff so it is smooth sailing from here!

Yay for September is right.

· Registered
466 Posts
we just had our home visit today! i love the connection and chilled out attitude that a homebirth brings. we sat around chatting about fears, readiness, etc and ate homemade cookies. not too bad.

everything is good to go and i set up another appointment for next wednesday, but i am secretly hoping to "go" before then. let's see what a full moon can do!
:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.