Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else ready to get this over with? I am just grumpy at this point and very much ready to be done. I feel terrible because I was not like this with any of the other ones. I don't know if it is all the monitoring and weekly doctor appointments at I have had since 32 weeks or what the deal is. I just feel like a bad pregnant women because I just want to have this all done and over with.
I don't think that having another sinus infection is helping anything out right now either.
: Sorry to be so whiny!

·
Registered
376 Posts
i have 7wks left, and am not really really prepared, there's so much cleaning to do and food to cook/freeze and you name it ... but i feel done being pregnant too. fortunately, i dont have a sinus infection
: like you, i'm sorry to hear you're dealing with that! but i'm soo tired of being tired all the time thinking about all the things i need to get accomplished but not doing them. i too have been entirely too grumpy, being nice at work is getting harder by the day. i should be happy the time is approaching that i get to finally hold the lil guy in my arms!!! doesnt help that even sitting is becoming less comfortable
:
no apologies on the whining ... i'm right there with ya

·
Registered
386 Posts
Whine Away...then I don't feel so alone in unhappy land. Yesterday I felt like &^$%!!! I was in so much pain/discomfort/tierd/exhausted all i could think was...I don't EVER want to be pregnant again!!!!! I am really not enjoying all the things that are going along with having a belly full. I love the actual baby in me, I don't even mind being woken up from squirming and kicking....its the being woken up 'cause I can't breathe, or I'm hot, or need to pee....again, or I'm thirsty......grrrrr. Sleep is something I NEED.....and to top it off I've had insomnia....ahhhhhhh
:
Oh, dear....now that I've ranted and raved about sleep, how about food??!! I have a very sensitive digestive system and right now I have to be sooooo careful what I eat or I end up with gut wrenching pain/runs/cramps/nausia(sp??) or worst case:puke ....oh man...

I slept better last night (thanks to a homeopathic remedy) and am feeling much better today. I am trying very hard to keep positive affirmations in my mind. They help me so much when i'm in a nasty moment or can't fall to sleep. Maybe they'll help you.....

I radiate health and vitality

My baby is strong and healthy

My body knows how to grow a healthy baby

My body is perfectly designed to carry a healthy baby

My body nourishes and protects my baby

I make healthy choices that empower me and my family

I am safe, my baby is safe, all is well

I possess and express my faith in my body and my baby

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'm so ready to be done being pregnant. I turned in my sense of humor about it about 2 weeks ago, and now I'm just complaining.

I'm actually sick of hearing myself complain, but I'm so darn uncomfortable!! Today it's pelvic and left hip pain, some tight BH contractions that aren't painful but are getting my attention, and general impatience with other people's stupidity!

I've quit counting days to EDD b/c it seems too far away. Now I count to when I'm "term" - only 13 days to that milestone!

Erin, due 9/10

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I feel pretty ready. Last night I was in so much pain that I couldn't move. I tried to get out of bed like 5 times and dh had to finally come over and practically lift me out of bed....ugh. at least i am not peeing alot like everyone else.

I feel like this babe will come early but not so much that its going to be soon. I know its going to be at least 2 weeks. Shes not dropping every day or staying there. I am just starting to have painful ctx about 1-2 times a day. Course its anyones guess as to when she'll be here.....i just keep thinking that if i am this tired AFTER she comes nothing will ever get done. My home will forever be in dissarray and no curtains (beeing meaning to hang them for months....).

I would like it to happen in 2 weeks.

BTW: i think the last part of pregnany is always the crummiest b/c we have to WANT to go into labor. No one in their right mind just says "yeah sure why not?" when they are comfortable and happy!!!

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Count me in with the whiners!

Everything just hurts and I can't get comfortable. The simplest tasks seem painful and time consuming now. Rolling over in bed is a huge undertaking these days.
:
And right now I'm in a mental place where I'm restless. I am READY to meet my baby. I am READY to hold him/her. I want to see these precious little toes that enjoy playing in my ribs. I want to see if there's hair on that little head grinding into my cervix. I want to see that cute little bottom that pops out sometimes and makes a lovely shelf for my bowl of ice cream.

I'm very patient usually, but I've just run out of it now. I can handle waiting, but I'm not good with waiting in pain.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HomeBirthMommy
Everything just hurts and I can't get comfortable. The simplest tasks seem painful and time consuming now. Rolling over in bed is a huge undertaking these days.
: And right now I'm in a mental place where I'm restless. I am READY to meet my baby.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomeBirthMommy
I'm very patient usually, but I've just run out of it now. I can handle waiting, but I'm not good with waiting in pain.
I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:

Especially the "everything hurts and I can't get comfortable" thing. And the rolling over in bed being difficult thing... And the worst part is I'M NOT EVEN THAT BIG! Just to me I am...
Although I found if I sleep by the edge of the bed when I want to turn I can grab onto the edge and use it to pull myself over...!

But in short, I've spent most of my pregnancy in an abnormal amount of pain - I even had to give up work earlier cos of it (That and the standing up for 9.5hours a day 5 days a week was making me very sick), I have 6wks 6 days to go (According to my due date anyway... It's so
far away!!!!!!) and like all of you I'm tired of the waiting, the aching, the discomfort, the not being able to breathe, the not being able to sleep, the having to pee CONSTANTLY
AND everything else that comes with feeling like a beached whale
- The list could go on and on and on. I'm sure people are sick of me complaining but its all I have left in me!!! I just want her here
NOW!

(Aside from all this oddly enough a small part of me is freaked about when I actually have to give birth.... So as much as I REALLY really really wanna get her out, theres a teeny tiny part of me that is maybe unsure... I mean, what if my Mother can't make it here - She lives half an hour away and has 2 small children that can't be left behind in the middle of the night, and what if my friend isn't around or I can't get hold of her... Then I have to do it by myself and that freaks the
out of me.............................)

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I'm really feeling that 'end of pregnancy' crap, too. Complain all you want! It's not like any of us are actually irresponsible enough to run to the doctor and put our babies at risk for it.
Whining is perfectly acceptable!

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
anyone would be ready to be done when you can't even turn around in bed without pain so you're trying to stay in a position all night to avoid the painful pressure...
( and the bladder urge along!)

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Ahh
you guys all have it rough! I wonder if this baby is just being especially easy on me? I'm, um, in no hurry to deliver. It can come when it feels like it, but at the moment I'm not really rooting for one way or the other. Sept we're helping my BIL and SIL move this weekend, so that might not be a good time.

I had to pee last night, at 10 before bed, at 11:30, at 1:30, and at 4:00 and I just stayed up. LOL! But for some reason this still isn't bothering me, I don't know what's the matter with me, I think I got a dose of relaxant horomones with the pregnancy. Next pregnancy, though (I have all these plans
) I want a master bathroom that is right near the bedroom, not down the hall! That would be nice!

(oh, and I feel kinda extra sexy now that I'm all big, is that strange?
)

Cara

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by myhoneyswife
Ahh
you guys all have it rough! I wonder if this baby is just being especially easy on me? I'm, um, in no hurry to deliver. It can come when it feels like it, but at the moment I'm not really rooting for one way or the other. Sept we're helping my BIL and SIL move this weekend, so that might not be a good time.

I had to pee last night, at 10 before bed, at 11:30, at 1:30, and at 4:00 and I just stayed up. LOL! But for some reason this still isn't bothering me, I don't know what's the matter with me, I think I got a dose of relaxant horomones with the pregnancy. Next pregnancy, though (I have all these plans
) I want a master bathroom that is right near the bedroom, not down the hall! That would be nice!

(oh, and I feel kinda extra sexy now that I'm all big, is that strange?
)

Cara

Don't you need to sleep? I am nearly as tired again as in the first trimester....

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by huggerwocky
Don't you need to sleep? I am nearly as tired again as in the first trimester....
I go back to bed from 7-9 on the week days. Luxary of being pg with the first child
I'm not as tired as the 1st trimeseter, though, more just normal tired. Normally I need 9 hours a night and I can get that in between bathroom breaks and a nap in the morning. We also usually crash early, like 8, once a week. I dunnoo...

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think once I reach 37 weeks (Sunday) I will turn into a real bear
Until then I am afraid to compain too much because if the baby comes this week I will have to deliver in the hospital
. I am so tired of peeing every 2 hours all night though, and turning over in bed is like torture. I have been in much more pain this time as well, back/hips. I can't wait to give birth, then I will get to sleep for at least 4 hours at a time
:. Thank god for big babies!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Piper's mama
I think once I reach 37 weeks (Sunday) I will turn into a real bear
Until then I am afraid to compain too much because if the baby comes this week I will have to deliver in the hospital
. I am so tired of peeing every 2 hours all night though, and turning over in bed is like torture. I have been in much more pain this time as well, back/hips. I can't wait to give birth, then I will get to sleep for at least 4 hours at a time
:. Thank god for big babies!
: every word - I could have written that! When I hit 37 wks on Sunday I am officially requesting that this baby arrive. The peeing, the back/hip pain, my belly skin stretttttttching, swollen feet, feeling just pathetically fatigued, oh man, I have loved pregnancy but now enough is enough -- bring on the baby!

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
:
I added a couple of days to my due date early in the pregnancy so I wouldn't have trouble when I went over, but now I'm secretly subtracting those days in my head. I'll "officially" be 37 weeks next Wednesday, but by my LMP it will be Monday.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by huggerwocky
Hey, it's nearly over.Thank god I might add....

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!
Ha, everyones been saying to me that I shouldn't want her to hurry up and come, that I should "enjoy the peace" (Keep in mind these are all women who already have children...) Know what I say?? Screw the peace I wanna feel comfy!!!!!!!!!! And I wanna meet my baby

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I'm personally aiming for mid September, knowing that with a first time pregnancy, I'm likely to go beyond my EDD. I'd rather not turn into a big bag of whine just because I'm 38w and haven't birthed, but instead be pleasntly surprised when I birth before 43w
:

ASt any rate, I am feeling uncomfortable. I've got swellign that won't quit, and I feel like all I do is drink water and wonder if theres somethign else I can do. The bloating is also mking me look puffier in my face, which makes me feel terribly unattractive- I have a round face naturally and have always disliked it. Adding puffy to that makes me feel like a small whale.

My back hurts, I don't WANT to move anymore- let alone exercise (which I know will make me feel better) The house is decently clean, I've got most of my birth supplies... I'm REALLY getting sick of knitting longies and soakers....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.