Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I When I was pg I wished so much for a girl. But I had a gut feeling it'd be a boy. I believe mother naturend will give you what's best for you. And I got the most wonderful little boy
What a fool I'd been, to have a preference. If I was to have a second bébé, I wouldn't mind another little prince, really!

Yet, girls have it easier.

I am shocked at the attitude some have towards the education of little boys. My inlaws are scaring me and I'm ready to take up the fight to protect my boy's childhood years.
They say we shouldn't get him teddy animals, "that's not for boys!".

Oooh, this makes me sick! He's 5 months old
what are they thinking!!!

And WHY can a lil girl play with a truck no problem and if a boy wants to play with a doll he's "on the best way to become gay"?!
WHY can a girl dress up as a musqueteer or a pirate (with painted mustache, scar etc.) and noone will think about it twice and if a boy dresses up as a princess, everybody *knows* he'll end up biggest drag queen in town.

Have you felt like that too?
What has prooven a good tactic to shut these people up, without a big clash?

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Ugh, my family tends to be like this, too... then again, they're the last people I would ever let have a say in how my kid gets raised.
: Last night, my mom was filling me in on all the crap she's heard from her siblings the last few days. Her sister criticised her for getting my nephew a play kitchen set for Christmas because 'boys don't play with those. he'll be gay.'
I'm not inclined to NOT try to provoke her, so I can't offer much advise there. My advise to my mom when my aunt gets like this is usually to tell her to shove it.
But, she's an all-around obnoxious, opininated bigot. If your IL's have some redeeming qualities, I can understand not wanting to totally alienate them. I just thought you might want to know you're not the only one having to put up with this.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by paquerette
Her sister criticised her for getting my nephew a play kitchen set for Christmas because 'boys don't play with those. he'll be gay.'
I just thought you might want to know you're not the only one having to put up with this.

your words are balm to my soul!

Ask your aunt if she thinks that Jamie Oliver is gay, just because he's a cook!

It's not logic... It's not OK for a boy to play with a kitchen set, but a boy that turns out to be an innovative chef, noone will give it a second thought.

I would not mind at all if our lil Noam would become a baker.
I love fluffy cakes & mousses! And there are some true desert masters in the country I live in...

Sometimes I feel so vulnerable as a parent. But maybe it's because I'm still "new" at it.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Anybody who makes any comments like this to us about our child, whether boy or girl, had better be wearing protective equipment, because they will be seeing and feeling my wrath. :LOL

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
ugh, i totally hear you...i think what bugs me MOST is that if my son DOES turn out to be gay (who knows?), i already knwo how those people will feel about it. THAT pisses me off. i can ignore their comments about how to parent, yadda yadda...but when my son grows up into the wonderful man he's going to be i know already that some family members and friends will judge him and his lifestyle choices if he is gay/transgendered/etc...i won't even care that they'll think i did it to him, i can handle that ignorance...but i will NOT have ANYBODY mistreating my son or thinking badly of him for who he *is*, kwim? sorry to hijack...LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.