Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the EC forum as well but figured I'd ask some non EC mamas as well...<br>
We've been doing a modified EC with our DS (cloth diapers with lots of pottytunities). DS is 13 mo and signing to go "toilet" all the time. He goes in the potty like 4 out of every 5 times. Sometimes he'll even sign every 15 minutes if he needs to pee. Anyway, we're thinking it's probably time to ditch the diapers and "train" (is there another word for that in this community?).<br><br>
Would you suggest bare bottom or undies?<br>
How long does it ususally take to "train" using the bare bottom method?<br>
What about the undies method?<br><br>
Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I think my dd was about 16 mo's when we started letting her go bare bottomed in the mornings. By 18 mo's she would go on the potty when we reminded her. By 20 mo's she was in undies only, but with accidents unless we reminded her. (She told us about 1/2 the time.) By 22 months she was fully PT with no accidents. So... for us at least, it was a gradual progression.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
With my dd we just went cold turkey into panties. I would ask her/suggest using the potty frequently & always took one in the back of my car wherever we went. There were lots of accidents at first, but within a few months she totally got it. She was 22mo. With my son, he's in his 2nd day of being in underwear. TOTALLY his own doing. I was not ready to go through potty training again. Guess he's ready. Who knows, LOL.<br><br>
Every kid is so different. I think when they're ready, they're ready. And if they're not ready, it's okay, it will happen eventually.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts