Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I am soooooooo frustrated with CDing right now!</p>
<p>I have a 19 month old who I have CD'ed since birth using PFs and covers (wool and Thirsties).  We were also very successful at EC until he became mobile.  </p>
<p>Lately though, his body has changed enough that his diapers just don't fit right any more.  They are constantly bunching up, sliding around, and sagging!  Nightimes are horrible!  No matter what I've tried we wake up to a puddle in bed!  And this is even after changing him 3x a night!  DH has assigned me with task of researching sposies to find something to get us through the night, but I feel like I'd be a quitter if I used sposies even just for nighttime.  I don't even know if there is a "less evil" sposie out there.</p>
<p>Anyway... Help!</p>
<p>I need suggestions, experiences, advice, sympathy, encouragement, whatever!</p>
<p>Thanks!</p>

·
Registered
399 Posts
<p>Hey, mama! Hugs to you, because I know exactly what you're going through. We've been using FuzziBunz since DD was 4 months old, and the past month or so we've had a lot of leak issues. She also tends to sleep either on her stomach, or like your LO - with her butt up in the air - and I'll end up having to change her at <em>least</em> once during the night. She's just peeing a lot more now, and moves more. One thing to keep in mind is that microfiber is very prone to compression leaks, so when your LO moves around, sits in a chair or carseat (or on your hip), or sleeps in such a way that the diaper is being smushed a bit, that microfiber is going to act like a sponge and just squeeze that pee right out. What I have found to help is switching to hemp/cotton blend inserts. FuzziBunz actually just came out with a OS diaper that includes a hemp insert. Hemp is more absorbent than microfiber, and is waaaayyy less prone to compression leaks. You might try that, and if you have to, pair it with some wool longies or a soaker just for backup. I'd also make sure you don't need to strip your diapers. I just had to strip mine because they were leaking a lot sooner than they should have been - oh and they smelled awful when DD peed. I hope you find a good solution soon! I loathe the thought of putting DD in a sposie, too. ;) </p>

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
<p>If you're planning on having anymore babies then I'd recommend giving the disana tie-ons a go. Better than switching to sposies!</p>

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<p>I'm not currently using snappis with the prefolds.  I used to, but I was having to change so many diapers at night in the dark that I was just struggling too much with them.  He was just drenching the prefold even with an insert. I did find a nighttime diaper package that includes fitteds, hemp inserts and a disana wool cover that I think I will try before I throw in the towel.</p>

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
<p>I think Snappis are really necessary with active/walking kids, unless the cover fits very tightly.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My nighttime solution is this very inexpensive fitted by Green Acre Designs.  You can stuff it with whatever you need, snappi it on quickly, and then use whatever cover you have.</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts