Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So I got this link from somebody's sig on here, about real milk. So I got all excited because well, I hate that milk that most people buy, I just don't like it. So I was all happy, that hey, maybe now I will like milk!

Anyway, I went out and bought it. And I must admit I was a little scared to try it. Because I think I was led to believe that milk HAS to be pasturiezed or it's dangerous or something....

Ok so I tryed it. And it was good!!!
Thank you, I'm sorry I forgot who has the realmilk.com thing in their sig.

Has anyone else tryed it? Does anyone else not like the milk that most people buy?

BTW...It was pretty expensive here thou. I guess it's always like that?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I was raised on real milk, having grown up on a dairy farm in central WI, so I do indeed know what you mean. I'd love to find a source for raw dairy again. Even the organic whole milk in the store tastes "sour" to me...

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
My DH's cousin works for a dairy where all the cows are grass fed and live in a gorgeous field. She brings us raw milk sometimes. Yum. And it doesn't cost us a thing. LOL. Gotta love it.

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
We love raw milk here ... and buy it exclusively even though we pay out the nose for it (southern CA - $6/*half* gallon). The other day I had to break down and buy pastuerized milk for my kefir grains because we ran out of raw ... eww is all I can say about the smell of that now. My dream - a farm of my own with goats or live close to someone's farm with a cow.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I just tried it for the first time about a month ago. I was nervous too, but only because I'm a food weirdo. I never drink whole milk, so I had to get over the whole fattening thing. I thought it tasted similar to pasturized milk. And I was pleasently surprised when it cost only $5 a gallon. I was expecting $8.

After it started to sour, I found a recipe on allrecipes for zucchini muffins that take sour milk. YUM YUM YUM.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Steph, could you post the zucchini muffin recipe, please? That sounds awesome!!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Past_VNE
Steph, could you post the zucchini muffin recipe, please? That sounds awesome!!
They are so yummy! I had milk going sour, plus several huge garden zucchinis, so I made 4 batches.

I doubled the milk, cinnamon, and walnuts, plus added raisins. The brown sugar on top really makes these special.

http://brunch.allrecipes.com/az/SprDprZcchiniMffins.asp

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm desperate for raw milk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does anybody have any sources besides realmilk.com? There's nothing around here :-( Northern VA. All the farms are way too far in the country. I also want to keep a goat, but it's probably illegal where I live.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.