Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at my little dialy thing today that tells me my due date and trimester/week etc (you know the thing I'm talking about I hope) and I realized, I started week 17 today.

That just can't be right... I'm due May 22nd. Is that RIGHT? Week 17 ALREADY?!
Apparently, if that IS right, I've lost a week or so of my life somewhere.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I'm so confused. I'm due May 16th and my calculators say I turned 17 weeks yesterday.

·
Premium Member
10,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AustGirl View Post
I'm due May 21 and I'm 16w2d today.
That sounds more like it! Thank you! I was beginning to wonder if aliens had borrowed me for a bit.
I'll have to look at my calculator again later (it's in the car) and see if my eyes or crooked or something.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I know, its tricky.

But, it sounds confusing because the first week is actually from 0-1, meaning you're not one week pregnant until you've actally completed that week, but its technically your first. So its kindof like counting 0,1,2,3,4... rather than 1,2 etc. So, you're 16 weeks pregnant but "in your 17th week" if that makes any sense?

Sadie

·
Premium Member
10,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sadie Lake View Post
I know, its tricky.

But, it sounds confusing because the first week is actually from 0-1, meaning you're not one week pregnant until you've actally completed that week, but its technically your first. So its kindof like counting 0,1,2,3,4... rather than 1,2 etc. So, you're 16 weeks pregnant but "in your 17th week" if that makes any sense?

Sadie
Yeah, I get it now (again).
The last couple of weeks have been trying (and tiring) so my placenta brain has caught up with me.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
pregnancy weeks are stupid
I'm due may 15th and I am 17w1d so in the 18th week? its so strange. I tell people when the baby comes out at the end I'll be done being pregnant!

·
Premium Member
10,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kriket View Post
I tell people when the baby comes out at the end I'll be done being pregnant!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.