Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>i've always had really heavy periods, and i used to always be anemic because of them (in spite of supplementing, eating high iron, etc. the best i've been able to do is get to mildly anemic while supplementing).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>i had a wonderful 6 years of almost no periods while i was pregnant and nursing my 2 girls (just a few periods in between the kids), but now that DD2 is 2.5, they're back and it seems like they're heavier than ever (which i hear happens in your 30s, and i'm 32).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>so, what can i do? i'm only having my second now, but my first was 3 weeks ago. i am still nursing #2, quite a lot, so i'm not sure if that's having an affect on them. does nursing ever make them heavier? could it be making them lighter, and it's going to get worse? i don't remember them being this heavy before i conceived #2. how long will it take for them to normalize?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>what can i do to keep my iron up besides slowFe, red meat, vitamin C, and dietary iron sources (i'm well versed in all of them!!). i know to avoid calcium when i take iron. when i was really anemic before having kids, my doctor ran bloodwork for other deficiencies and everything else was fine. my diet is really good.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>also, is there anything i can do to make them lighter? i don't want to do hormonal birth control, but i'm considering it if all else fails.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>also, the heavy periods run in my family (my dad's mother interestingly. my mom and sister have really light periods), if that adds any info.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>thank you!</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts