Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a single mom of an 11 month old boy. I am in the middle of an interstate court case with my abusive ex, terrified he's going to try and file for custody before 6 months elapse so I can file in my new state, disabled, just started a new job, and crashing on my mother's bedroom floor along with my son while I look for a place to live. I never expected to end up being a single mom, and am so out of my depth it's not even funny. My mom and my best friend are helping where they can, but I am at a loss for how to balance time management and stress. Anyone with similar situation, please share possible solutions!

· Registered
4 Posts
I'm so sorry you're going through this! As a medical student whose husband is out of town half the time, I can relate with being overstressed!

When it comes to time management, I think it has to do with what you are aiming for - are you meaning balancing work and childcare? Or do you mean how to balance home life/responsibilities with being present with your LO?

What has been working for me is trying to involve my LO in what I'm doing - if it's bathtime, I hop in the tub with him and we both bathe/shower. If it's mealtime and we're short on time, he sits on my lap and we share a bowl of food or he nurses while I eat. Sometimes I'm lucky and he's happy to play while I run around picking things up, other times we make a game out of the mundane. Anything else simply has to wait until he is asleep.

As for stress management, I try to take moments to really feel the little beautiful moments we share. I try to smile and laugh with him - it helps me forget my anxiety for a moment. I also just try to find beauty everywhere, even when I'm feeling like dirt.. I also try and make sleep and exercise a priority - come what may. I'm not always perfect about it but the intention keeps me going. I hope that helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.