Mothering Forum banner

Really thick hair, and natural bristle hair brushes?

970 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mama_daba 
#1 ·
I have extremely thick hair and have been trying out a natural bristle hair brush. The brush is just getting wrecked trying to work its way through my hair, and I cant even feel it through to my scalp! The one I have is made from boar bristles... they are pretty much bent flat after a few uses! Does anyone know of a natural bristle brush made of somthing more heavy duty? :LOL

#2 ·
Wood! Bass makes nice brushes that have smooth wooden pegs as bristles. Works great on my thick, wavy, unruly hair, and feels really nice - gets all the way down to the scalp but doesn't scratch. My natural food co-op carries them, but I'm sure you could find them online.

#4 ·
i agree with the other posts go with wood, my partner had incredibly thick hair and he loves the wood brushes, my hair is think but not super thick and i love wood, i am vegan and wanted natural bristles that wern't made from animal and i love the wood ones

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.