Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what you and the kids are planning together?

We are going on a few visits to Salem MA and read Witch of Blackbird Pond , among others, and study a little US history this fall. We're going to wait until the air is crisp to head to Salem. We are doing all the summer stuff right now-- boating, swimming etc and don't want to rush that.

We migh also back track US history and visit Plymouth Plantation a few times as well. They have some respectful Wampanoag education programs, too. Just depends how into other stuff we go and for how long. Plymouth shuts down tight after November. We'll see.

We also plan a couple of fun trips to Manhattan (again in the early fall, after the heat passes). We'll do Chinatown, eat some Korean food etc. We're going to celebrate Chinese New Year this winter in Boston.

I actually don't like to think so far ahead in summer, but the kids and I were talking about fall last night.

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking of the museum and a walking tour. (I wasn't sure about House of Seven Gables right now, but the house is cool. My kids haven't shown interest in Nathaniel Hawthorne yet). Also, for the period study, I was not wanting to confuse Halloween and the with trails. But I know Salem is a fun party place around Halloween.

Speaking of the museum. It's been a while since I've been. My recollection is it's intense in places, darkness, dramatic music etc. Any thoughs on it for a little one, around 'first grade' age?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.