·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Code:

Code:
[code]
[/code]
One child in daycare FT, one half time since he'll have e/o day kindergarten. E/O weekend until he can move to where I am moving for more equal time. Shall I ask for a basic amount plus half daycare & half medical? What about extracurriculars? Or should I ask for one larger sum & not bother w the extras?

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
I'd say it depends on how reliable you think he will be about the split day care and extras. If you are pretty sure he'll be a reasonable adult in handling his share of additional costs, then do the typical shared expenses, but if you think he's gonna be a pain about everything, then go for a larger basic CS payment to cover those shared expenses. You could also figure out what his monthly share would be and have him agree to that extra flat rate added to the CS payments.

My ex is pretty good about covering his part of the extras so it's not a problem to deal with those things separately.

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
find out what your state guidelines are. in my state, it's based on what we each earn. let's say he earns twice as much as you. then he's responsible for 2/3 and you are responsible for 1/3 of the basic support, child care costs, medical costs, etc. there is some adjustment based on parenting time, but only when it becomes greater than 45% of the time.

eta: or just let the courts decide what is in the best interest of the children. that way, it's not you asking for money - it's a court order telling him what he's responsible for.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just know that he doesn't have enough money in his budget after paying support to his ex to pay me what the state would require. I know for a fact he wouldn't be able to support himself.

I think he would be reasonable about splitting things. He loves his boys and I know he wouldn't want them to go without if he could provide it.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
I too think it best to leave it to the courts to decide. That way it really can not be held against either of you as personal.

I will be asking the judge to include money for school supplies and extra carricular activities as well as regular perscriptions as I am already having issues with sbx not paying $65 perscription co pay a month like he is ordered to.

You also have to keep in mind that no matter how good he is now, things can change!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.