Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hie everyone! I am so happy to be posting on this forum now!! I just got my BFP at 12 DPO. Today I'm 15 DPO and my first appt is tomorrow. Of course, I will bring this up with the DR, but I wanted to hear from someone or several someones that have been there. Right after my BFP, I had some spotting. This happened only for a few bathroom trips in the a.m. The next day, it happend only on 1 bathroom trip. But yesterday, whoa, it was almost every trip to that bathroom. My anxiety peaked. So far none today, but I'm still a bit afraid that something that might be wrong. I have not had any cramping, and the spotting is very light pink or brown and only enough to show up on the toilet paper. I know that this is somewhat common in early pregnancy, but I would like to hear from those of you that have experienced this. DH & I took 8 LONG months to get here so it still feels too good to be true! Thanks for your comments!

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
I had implantation bleeding with my son (I didn't with my dd eldest, or this one) I think it's pretty common!

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
I wouldn't worry unless it's bright red. Brown is implantation bleeding or just release of old blood. It happened to me twice during this pg: once right after the BFP when my period would have started and then several weeks later when period #2 would have hit. Both times it was sporadic and brownish and my m/w assured me, totally normal.<br><br>
Sex, vaginal exams and even serious constipation can cause spotting. Anything that rubs against your uterus or cervix. The only time I think you need to worry is when it's bright red blood.<br><br>
Congrats!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts