Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
taking location out of the picture, what cnm program would you recommend? we may in the future be looking for a change of scenary so in a way attending a program somewhere other than where i am now may be a good excuse to get us moving

i dont honestly know what we are looking for... prolly my only requirement would be not too landlocked and not too rural. my hubby is def a city person... i dont mind either way.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mauri456 View Post
taking location out of the picture, what cnm program would you recommend? we may in the future be looking for a change of scenary so in a way attending a program somewhere other than where i am now may be a good excuse to get us moving

i dont honestly know what we are looking for... prolly my only requirement would be not too landlocked and not too rural. my hubby is def a city person... i dont mind either way.
Nashville TN, Vanderbilt University has a great CNM program, and there are so many huge lakes and rivers around,(thanks, TVA) it doesn't feel landlocked to me at all, and I grew up near the ocean! By any chance are you near Richmond? I spent 30 years in VA! We just moved, and love it here...

·
Registered
445 Posts
University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI

Great town and a fantastic program affiliated with an excellent hospital. They are also supportive of students doing clinicals at birth centers or with HB midwives. My class had one student set up a clinical roation with a HB midwife in Australia!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by cathicog View Post
Nashville TN, Vanderbilt University has a great CNM program, and there are so many huge lakes and rivers around,(thanks, TVA) it doesn't feel landlocked to me at all, and I grew up near the ocean! By any chance are you near Richmond? I spent 30 years in VA! We just moved, and love it here...
this was from a whwile back, but yeah, i actually live in richmond! i love va, though a change is never a bad thing
how do you like tn?

i am thinking about either shenodoah or frontier. frontier seems the most logical to me though and i have always heard great things about it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
East Carolina University in Greenville, NC has a good one. I've doula'd at the hospital here, and have seen some nice, natural births. I also have a friend who just finished up her CNM a year ago and she has had no trouble finding a job around here, and really liked the program. We have a river in town that is good for fishing/boating and we're only an hour and a half from some gorgeous beaches. Greenville is a city of about 80k people, and a little over an hour from Raleigh if you want big city shopping. Plenty of fun stuff to do around here...lots of stuff for families and kids. We love the area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.