Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP<br><br>
I was just overall unsatisfied with my OB and at 30 weeks decided to skip my appointment and not go back. All tests and scans I've had up until now have been perfect (I declined GD test, though). I am technically obese but I haven't gained anything this time around (I gained almost 80 with my DD1).<br><br>
I live in Canada, so keep that in mind in case of any advice you have (I'd love to hear it!!).<br><br>
I plan on going to a walk-in clinic at 36/37 weeks for a GBS test, has anyone else done this or have an alternative?<br><br>
I also plan on monitoring BP with the arm cuffs they have in stores and pharmacies, as well as any clinic visits I do make.<br><br>
How can I monitor my urine for protein? Are the strips available for consumer purchase, or is there a low tech method I can do at home?<br><br>
I also plan on laboring at home for as long as I can hold out, but I did plan on going to go to a hospital for the actual birth. Will going the last 10 weeks UP increase my chances of interventions? Just because they don't "technically" know if I'm free of any infections? I would LOVE to HBAC but I do not have the accomodations for that, nor the confidence (though who knows, deciding to terminate prenantal care has given me a surge of confidence, maybe I'll have the courage to do it at home).<br><br>
Can anyone help me out, recommend a site/book/video, or just give some general advice?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I'm in the US, but I would think going UP then going into the hospital with 10 weeks of missing prenatal care and no OB or midwife would be the worst of both worlds. No peaceful birth, plenty of people treating you like an idiot or like your baby will be diseased or something. I figure if you're going to go to the hospital for the birth you might as well keep up the prenatal care so you at least stand a chance of being treated respectfully when you get there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts