Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
not a recipe as such more of a guide as I work with a pan I allways use for beeswax and the lid of my lanolin

basicaly take your beeswax heat it up add lanolin maybe a tablespoon at a time? cool try it and add more lanolin or wax if needed.
For colours you can try powedered vegetable dyes. not sure where to get them in the states I get them from a ittle independant shop in Glastonbury Guess you could google it though.

Hth

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I've done some research on coloring the wax and I don't know what to use. I don't want to break my wax crayons to do this, I can't really find any vegetable dye. The health food store by us carries natural food coloring I wonder if this would work. But, it may dye the kids hands too. Kind of stuck with this one.

·
Registered
557 Posts
if its a powder yes, if its a liquid, I don't know maybe if you mix it with the lanolin and then add it to the wax. but honestly I have never done this so I guess its a case of trial and error.

I'd love to know how it goes if you try

·
Registered
557 Posts
turmeric would work not sure what colour hibiscus would give you?
Other things that might work dried beetroot slices ground to a powder, when we lived in londen the HFS had them.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I do have a dehydrator and a vita mix. I could dehydrate beets an then grind them up. I wonder if I would have to cook them first, probably not. What other things could I do this with? I can make my own vegetable dye powder.

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Bump. Trying to figure out natural coloring for my wax I want to make.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.