·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cause we have already:
an ergo
a g sling
a moby (which he likes & dd enjoys)

dd is 3 months & a week. She's big, I can wear her in the ergo fine, but when dh wears her, her legs seem more splayed than comfortable. She's getting towards the weight limit for non stretchy moby-ness.

he wears her at work, so i'm thinking it will be fun for her to face outwards while being worn on the front.
something that has the stability of the ergo (it's a little more hands free when bending, etc.)
dh is also a nice tall big bear of a guy, which is why the ergo isn't quite right for dd at this point in time.

i sure do like seeing him wear her in the moby but i can tell she wants to face out and i don't like to crump her legs up in there, plus our love of that is doomed to expire soon b/c of the size of dd...
any suggestions? tia!

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Scootababy is an awesome hip carrier, so that would meet her need to face out but still give the option of turning her head in if she was overstimulated or tired. My dh loves it because it is a bit more 'manly' than some of the other carriers we have. I love it too, it's really easy to use. You would just need to make sure your little one has good head control though.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Generally speaking front facing carriers tend to crotch dangle which isn't ideal ergonomically. Think Baby Bjorn etc.

You can use a ring sling facing out (buddha hold) though the legs would be tucked in cross legged style.

I think the best option would be a mei tai or wrap worn high up on the back so she can look over your DH's shoulder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.