Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all recommend using for a newborn baby's very first fitted diaper - and I mean FIRST diaper in her life? I want one fitted to bring to the hospital and the nurse will be putting it on my daughter after she's born so I need something that will be easy to use and tiny enough for a brand new baby. I made a fitted myself but am not sure it will fit - I think it may be too big. I can get Kissaluvs locally so I'm thinking a Kissaluv size 0? What do you think? Dr. estimates her weight to be 6 1/2 lbs now (at 36 weeks) but she will probably come several weeks early, so maybe 7-8 lb. range?

TIA,

Jenny
SAHM to Noah (4), Joshua (2) and c-section 10/16/03 Sarah

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I have not cd'd a newborn, but it seems that many moms do love the kissaluv's size 0's. I have seen them on newborns and they seem like a good fit. I was not a fan of them for my older baby, but I will definitely try them if I have another one. Since you can get them locally maybe get a few to try and buy more if you like them. They resell well 'cause they don't get a whole lot of use before the baby outgrows them.

·
Registered
11,525 Posts
The nurse really doesn't have to put the dipe on your new baby
Just tell her you prefer to do it yourself. Kissaluvs 0's are popbular with newborns. I have heard that they are not terribly absorbent though. When I have another baby I plan on getting SP size 1's for him/her.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by trishshack
The nurse really doesn't have to put the dipe on your new baby
Just tell her you prefer to do it yourself. Kissaluvs 0's are popbular with newborns. I have heard that they are not terribly absorbent though. When I have another baby I plan on getting SP size 1's for him/her.
Well... This may prove difficult since I'm having a c-section and will probably still be on the operating table getting my tubes tied and stiched up
But it made me laugh.

Yeah, I've heard they aren't very absorbant, but I'm not very concerned since I don't plan to use it a whole lot. Really the only reason I'm buying one is for that first time use - isn't that silly of me, really? I just want her to be in cloth from the very beginning.

Maybe I should just make another fitted with a shorter rise. Or would I rather take a nap?
:

Thanks everyone!

Jenny
SAHM to Noah (4), Joshua (2) and c-section Sarah 10/16/03

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.