Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>What carrier would you mamas recommend for a toddler (13 months, 25 pounds) who likes being on my hip? I would love to be able to have him on my hip and have my hands (relatively) free. Thanks in advance!</p>

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
<p>There are others that may be better for hip carry but I always go back to my Scootababy. It is just so darn easy. It's the simplicity of the design.</p>

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
<p>I love a ring sling for hip carries.  I also have owned an Ellaroo Mei Hip which was awesome but of course limited you to hip carries only.</p>

·
Registered
153 Posts
<p>I also really like the Scootababy for hip carries, as it find it to be more supportive than a ring sling.</p>

·
Registered
608 Posts
<p>I'm looking at a Scootababy for my same-age baby. I can do a hip carry in our Ergo, mei tai and ring sling, but it's not ideal. I really don't like hip carries in a ring sling. They're okay if I'm just popping into the grocery store or something, but for anything more than 10 minutes, I don't care for them. They feel like they require frequent adjustment. A hip carry in an Ergo is honestly kind of ridiculous, but is definitely less fiddly than in a RS.</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts