Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Im kinda new to carriers. With my first two, I pretty much just carried them "in arms" 24/7 but with a five mo old and a two year old, I really NEED something that lets me get my hands free and still carry him.

He weighs 21lbs and is 28inches long so I have not been able to adjust him comfortably in my maya wrap. I also have a snuggli which works but is a lot of work with straps getting him in and out of plus even though my hands are free, I dont feel like I can really do much, I cant bend or lean over or lift things. Is there a carrier which would let me or should I just not do those things while wearing him? I really wanted to clean out/organize the babies closets this weekend, but didnt feel secure bending and lifting while wearing the snuggli.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! THanks!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
A wrap or mai tai would be great. I think a mei tai is a bit easier/faster to learn so would point you towards them first. They are so versatile and secure. You can wear him on your back or front. I'm amazed at what I can get done with my 7 mos old on my back in my mei tai (but don't tell my DH
) I can do laundry, sweep, clean, put things away, etc-you name it.

Here are a few to look at to get an idea:
www.sachicarriers.com
http://www.angelfire.com/ab7/annabearbabyware/
www.kozycarrier.com

·
Registered
870 Posts
me too could not live without a mei tai.
also i love the hotsling. i think it is awesome,cool and verstitile. very well made and easy for the up/down stages.(and even though it isn't "adjustable" there are a few tricks.
i just love mine.
and of course wraps are super verstitile www.mamatoto.org
good luck mama.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts