Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I listen to the polar express or Usborne train stories one more time, I think I'll go nuts.
: I have a 2.5 year old and am looking to find more stories on CD for the car. Anything cool (but simple and short) for the two year old crowd? Something like Jim Weiss? I think he's *almost* ready for his stuff, but not quite yet.

Please share!

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden View Post
If I listen to the polar express or Usborne train stories one more time, I think I'll go nuts.
: I have a 2.5 year old and am looking to find more stories on CD for the car. Anything cool (but simple and short) for the two year old crowd? Something like Jim Weiss? I think he's *almost* ready for his stuff, but not quite yet.

Please share!
Curious George stories are on CD now. DD even likes CS Lewis. Those are off the top of my head.

Jenn

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Lol, when I read the title of this thread I originally thought you meant, "cloth diaper stories." Gah! Only here! Anyway, if your child likes the train stories, usborne also has the complete farmyard tales stories on CD, which includes the train stories, but has like 20 other stories that are all very delightful. My kids really enjoy it, and the CD comes with the book of all of the stories which is also a favorite bedtime book. (OK, you can probably tell I am an usborne consultant)

Curious george is another good one, my brother gave this to my son for his 3rd birthday and I do play it for the kids while they are playing.

Also, I have read in, "the well trained mind" that basically any classic book on tape is always great for little kids, even if it is over their heads. So, you can always just go to the library and check out some classics. Like, "Alice in Wonderland," "The Wind in the Willows," etc..

Another thought would be to try out some children's music if you're sick of the stories. My kids LOVE listening to music CDs. The Wee Sing series and Sandra Boyton's series (only $5 each at kohls for CD and book right now) and lauri berkner is also a fav. Those are all series that *I* don't mind either, b/c some children's music, like barney stuff drives me up the wall.

Anyway, good luck. If I were you, I think seeing what the library has first and trying it and seeing if your child likes it before spending the $ on it would be a good way to try some books on CD/tape out.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Too funny! I thought that too after I sent it that folks might think I was looking for cloth diapering stories.

I'll have to check out Curious George stories. he loves that dang monkey!

And as for listening to music, he won't go for it. He's on a jag right now. I have bunch of older preschool and big kid stories on CDs but no-go. Something simpler I think is what we need.

How much is the farmyad Usborne thing you are talking about? I got the train stories at a bookstand so I don't have a consultant.

ANd out library stinks for books on CD. it has a few individual books on tape but nothing more than that. I'm sure I could find things through the interlibary loan (Curious George!), but I need to have some titles to search for!

And sorry for the typos....my forearms and hands are numb from shoveling!!!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Golden-

Ugh, you got hit with the storm! We got lucky and only got a little bit of snow and ice that is melting on its own. I hope your arm feels better soon! Hey, I sent you a PM about the farmyard tales book, just let me know if I can be of any assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.