Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My gorgeous near 5yo dd came down with bronchitis diagnosed by our GP. She had 4 consecutive nights of high fevers and a heavy cough so we took her to see our GP. He said "bronchitis!" and "antibiotics!". It was her first ever round of antibiotics and it seemed to knock the chest infection off pretty quickly.

3 weeks later, high fever and a cough that went straight to her chest. Panadol took care of it for a couple of days and she recovered.

2 weeks later a persistent dry cough, no fever.

3 weeks later she is in bed with a chesty cough and a fever. It seems like she recovers ok, then catches a small cold from school and it goes straight to her chest.

What is going on? DId that first round of bronchitis cause her airways to be more sensitive? I hate seeing her sick so often and when she is like this none of us get any sleep. We have also tried homeopathics which help sometimes and not others.

She has been a very healthy active bright little girl with a good diet and lifestyle. I proudly breastfed her for nearly two years which obviously contributed to her good early immunity. What should I do? What could it be? Or could this be a normal viral/flu thing she keeps picking up?

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
It sounds like she might be getting mild pneumonia, or have a sinus or ear infection that's not completely going away with antibiotics. Next time she get the cough and fever, see if you can get her chest xrayed to rule that out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.