Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! Harvest has a red bumpy rash on his anus. It doesnt look like a regular diaper rash to me. It has a sandpaper like texture and looks uncomfortable. Anyone else ever dealt with this? Is it yeast? How do I treat it? What do I do...aaah!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I agree it could be a yeast infection- my baby had that when she was about 3 weeks old. Go get some over the counter jock itch cream (can't remember what the active ingredient is it- but it's antifungal). That's what my sister in law did, my DDs yeast infection was pretty bad so we got prescription "poop goop" and it cleared up in a few weeks.<br><br>
Oh- if you're breastfeeding try eating some probiotics (yogurt unless you're vegan), that really seemed to help us.

·
Registered
977 Posts
It could be yeast, especially if it isn't reponding to regular diaper rash cream. You could also use a vaginal yeast infection cream like Monostat. Your doc will prescribe Nystatin cream, if you go in and it is in fact a yeast rash.<br><br>
Try to give him bottom plenty of air time, change diapers frequently (yeast thrive in warm, moist environments). If he's uncomfortable when you wipe him, rinse his bottom in a sink instead of wiping.<br><br>
Hope it's better soon.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Two things worked for ds with yeast.<br><br>
Lotrimin(OTC)<br><br>
Plain yogurt mixed with acidophilus powder. I just spread a paste over his butt and it really works!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts