Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son Daniel is 3.5 years old, and last month or so his eyes are very red, especially one. Sometimes it gets better and sometimes worse. No discharge and it does not seem to bother him too much. Today I took him to pediatrician and she told me it is allergy. I am not convinced though, because he has no runny nose or anything else. Can allergy have just that symptom?

·
Registered
11,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by danieliausmama View Post
My son Daniel is 3.5 years old, and last month or so his eyes are very red, especially one. Sometimes it gets better and sometimes worse. No discharge and it does not seem to bother him too much. Today I took him to pediatrician and she told me it is allergy. I am not convinced though, because he has no runny nose or anything else. Can allergy have just that symptom?
Yes. 11 month old ds has the same thing. I give him his homeopathic remedy which clears it up, I also give him infusions of nettles which is great for allergies.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much for taking time to answer. When you say it is his constitutional remedy - what does it mean? Did you go to any practitioner who prescribed it or you figured it out yourself?

·
Registered
11,992 Posts
Yes we use homeopathy exclusively and have a wonderful practitioner. It would be VERY difficult to figure out a constitutional remedy on your own. There are thousands of them and the intricacies are dizzying.

It is totally worth it though! We have had great success. Not just for allergies.

A constitutional remedy is the remedy specific to your picture. IT takes everything about your entire being into account....what you look like, how you react to certain situations, what your preferences are for food, environment, temperature etc. It reflects the ailments that you as an individual are prone to and how you feel in the midst of that reaction. So while my dc and your dc have allergies your dc's remedy would be very different than mine.

IT is also perfectly reflective of the individual. I have never heard a person's remedy without going "of COURSE that's their remedy!" However, they are so varied that I could never have figured it out on my own-it just always makes perfect sense in hindsight.

I know that's not terribly helpful, I'm sorry!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My son is a late talker, so it would be very hard to figure his type, but maybe we should try. My husband is not willing to pay for anything that is not covered at least partly by insurance and I don't work, but maybe I can save money somehow. How much does the consultation usually cost?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just wanted to share that my son's eyes are much better. I think it was those blue blossoms of jacaranda trees on our street. Now they are almost done blooming and his eyes are so much better. We did not use any drops or anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.