Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing research in hopes of having a NCB/VB2C.<br><br>
Can anyone tell me about these? I've never used them but have heard good things...<br><br>
I am also wondering about the EPO...I read somewhere that if you've had seizures you shouldn't take it!? I had seizures as an infant.

·
Registered
901 Posts
My old MW said to take it internally (suppository style) at 36 weeks to ripen the cervix and orally throughout pregnancy.<br><br>
On the RRL, I've been told (as well as read) that it's good to start at 16 weeks. It seems some love it, and with others, it tends to make the uterus cranky. I'll be starting it in a couple months and I figure either it will help with my irritable uterus (BH started at 6 weeks and are a constant pain in the tuckas) or make it worse. The RRL is supposed to really help with everything from toning the uterus to preventing PP hemorrhage.<br><br>
Sorry, I don't know about the seizures. Hopefully, someone will have info for you on that.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have been drinking RRL all along but I drink more now. I will start EPO soon, I am 31 weeks now.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've been told that the tea is good throughout pregnancy...however I didn't really hear about it, therefore start until around 32 weeks (I believe).<br><br>
As for EPO, I've been told to not start it until you're at least 34 weeks. My SIL was taking it before pregnancy for cystic breasts (apparently that's supposed to help) and when she got pregnant, one of the first things her OB said was, "oh please tell me you've stopped taking the EPO? You can start it again as you get closer to term!<br><br>
I've read a NUMBER of different times in pregnancy to start taking the EPO though. Anything from like 32 weeks to 36 weeks and then how much and orally vs vaginally. So, for my VBAC, I decided I'd start at 34 weeks (seemed kind of average), with a low dosage, but orally. My plan was to up to dose, still orally around 37/38 weeks, and I would start vaginally until 40 weeks.<br><br>
However, I delivered my DD at 37w4d...not sure if the EPO worked, but I plan to do it again for sure, similar pattern of how much and when and how!<br><br>
I'm really not sure about the seizure thing though....I hope someone can help you out on that part!

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
RRLT really helped tone down my irritable uterus. I felt it was really helpful in my last two births. Less pain during labor. Less bleeding after birth.<br><br>
EPO I react really strongly to. Even taken orally it gives me horrible contractions. I wouldn't take it before 37 weeks. Haven't heard of any link with seizures.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<p>Oh wow, thanks ladies! :) Great tips, advice!</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts