Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out earlier this week that we lost our baby. I should have been 9 1/2 weeks but the embryo only measured 6 weeks, no hb. I'm trying to have a natural m/c opposed to a D&C. Would anyone know if red raspberry leaf tea would help get things started? Possibly help my uterus contract? I'm having very slight spotting but no bleeding yet and I'm worried this could take a while. I'm not cramping yet. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm not sure about the tea but our stories seem so similar that I thought I'd just write you for support here.

I also found out this week that my baby was measuring about 3 weeks too small ( I was 9 wk 5 day) I've been bleeding for a week tomorrow but so far no real cramping... every now and again I swear I feel 'something' I'm also hoping to go about this naturally but not sure how much more of this waiting I can take... I'm supposed to be 10 wks today and I'm overwhelmed.

Please let me know if you find out that the tea works... I'm keeping you in my thoughts and hoping we both have the easiest possible physical experience...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm so sorry you are going through this too. I bought the tea yesterday so I will give it a try. I'm not feeling anything though and spotting has stopped. The good news is that my pg symptoms are pretty much gone now so my hormone levels must be dropping. My DH is out of town all next week so I couldn't schedule a D&C because I have two kids and no one to watch them. I'm worried about going through this alone naturally. This is just awful
(I would be 10 weeks today too). I will keep you posted. I'll be thinking about you. Please let me know how you are doing as well.

Hugs,
Lynne

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm not sure that RR leaf tea will do it... Dong Quai and Angelica tinctures might help. And maybe blue/black cohosh, but I'm not sure. It can take a few weeks for you body to get going. Without testing, we don't usually know when the baby dies, so we don't realize the time it takes. My baby had probably died 2-3 weeks before I started to miscarry, and I didn't know it (well, my body did and my mind wouldn't listen) until then.

So sorry for you both. Cry, grieve... and heal.

·
Registered
192 Posts
This is so ironic... I also have two kids. My dh is working Four 12 hr nights shifts this weekend so basically he will be gone and then will sleep. I'm scared to do this alone because I don't want my kids to be traumatizes. Last night I had a couple of clots, still no cramping... I called my mom and was pretty nervous when she didn't answer her phone at 10 pm... She called me back after 15 ish minutes and I was pretty upset by then telling her that she is my backup person...She's supposed to be my person to call and John is at work etc. She felt pretty bad.

I think my body is in denial. I'm not having any real pregnancy symptoms anymore. I'm curious what my hcg is but I am not retesting unless I have to. I had some pretty poor experiences getting my lab draws and u/s this last week and I work there. It feels like a slap in the face.

I only work one day a week... but it's in OB... it's going to be really hard for me to go back there. My OB told me I could stay off for a while but in a way it'd be nice to go back to some normalcy... my friends are there, it's my routine etc... I guess I'm still going to have to wait and see.

((Hugs)) to you!! I'm glad I found your thread, it's amazing our similarities even though this is unfortunate for the both of us.

·
Registered
780 Posts
My mw actually told me to drink some RRLT, but my HFS is closed until Monday! So I haven't drank any yet. I've been lightly spotting since Thursday. Light dripping yesterday, but it's back to light spotting. Cramping started yesterday and has increased today, but that's about it. I plan to wait it out here at home and do it naturally. When I feel like things are "happening" I want to get into the bathtub and pass it all in there. Like having my waterbirth. I've heard others say it was really relaxing to do it that way. If I'm still only spotting and nothing has happened within about 5 days, I plan to take some black and blue cohosh tinctures and see if that helps. I def won't get the d&c or take antibiotics unless I go another 2 weeks of this.

Anyway, I would try the tea and I hope this happens easily and quickly for you. I'm so sorry for both of your losses. ((HUGS))

·
Registered
701 Posts
I miscarried a few months ago but I just wanted to share my experience. I started to spot and then bleed and so I went in to have a vaginal ultrasound to confirm what I already knew in my heart.I was supposed to be 9weeks along at that point. I declined the D&C as well as the Cytotec. I wanted to let my body do it's thing, I trust it and didn't want to mess with the natural process of things..so the day after the ultrasound I had horrible contraction type cramping and passed some stuff. It was a blighted ovum so I didn't see a baby. Throughtout the next week I continued to bleed and was getting tired of it so did my research and learned that the most gentle way to get things cleaned out completely is to take 6000mg of vitamin C in one day. So I did that and passed one more huge clot and by the next day I was completely done. I also drank some rrl tea while I was cramping and I feel like that helped things out..

So sorry mama's for your loss's. ((HUGS))

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been drinking the RR tea for three days now. I think it may be helping. The bleeding is finally picking up a little. Of course it could be coincidence but I figure it can't hurt. I may try the mega vit C but not until next weekend when my DH is back in town. I feel different the past couple of days, almost like I do before AF. My hands are swollen (it's tough to take my rings off) and I feel that pms-y depression I sometimes get, only it's amplified. I'm an emotional wreck right now. I can't wait to feel normal again.

·
Registered
780 Posts
hmm I didn't know the Vit C could help. I have some and might just do that tomorrow. You had no bad side effects did you? My cramps are really picking up and the blood is still spotting, but starting to slightly pick up. I expect I will just start gushing when it happens.

I'm getting some RRLT tomorrow!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Well I took 4,000 mg of Vit C today and drank 2 cups of the RRLT. So far nothing yet. I will tomorrow do the same, but increase both. I just want to get this overwith already!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by imbarefoot View Post
hmm I didn't know the Vit C could help. I have some and might just do that tomorrow. You had no bad side effects did you? My cramps are really picking up and the blood is still spotting, but starting to slightly pick up. I expect I will just start gushing when it happens.

I'm getting some RRLT tomorrow!
The only side effect was my little nursling got her bottom burned..it turned her pooh acidic. It also changed her gut flora and she had the runs too. I had to get her system back to normal with probiotics. Glad I knew what to do for that otherwise she would have been a mess for a longer period!

·
Registered
529 Posts
i would make sure you can tolerate it first. i drank some in the middle of my m/c. it never made me feel good, but i ended up vomiting the tea immediately, which contributed to dehydration and fainting. there are many different herbs that can stimulate uterine contractions - you might want to look into those as well.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
crystaldawn, how are you doing? Nothing much is happening here...just light brown spotting that's been going on for a week now. I have no cramping either. I will have a D&C next week if nothing happens. I may try the vit C this weekend. I just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm still hanging in there. I had my follow up u/s on wed "just to be sure" and honestly to see if anything had changed. Well everything was EXACTLY the same. The baby measures exactly the same size and of course still has no heartbeat, the gest sac and yolk are the same size too. This all leads me to believe that the baby stopped growing at 6.5 weeks. I'm now 11 wks. I did the mega doses of vit c yesterday and I felt like I was actually LESS crampy than I have been... That was a real downer for me. We have a wedding that now we are not attending this weekend which is also making things hard, I mean that this whole process is really interrupting my life.

We did tell our kids. And that was sad. My daughter keeps asking if the baby is still inside me or if she went with Jesus. Pretty heartbreaking. I did get the black cohosh today and plan to make a trip to the health food store for the blue cohosh. I'm not sure what dose to use... Does anyone have an idea??

Honestly I thought I'd have the d&c this week if nothing happened but at this point I feel like I've waited this long. Plus that baby has been dead for 4.5 weeks you'd think eventually my body would get the idea. I'm still sad, hoping that when it's all over there is a sense of closure. Oh and my dh is being less than helpful. He just doesn't understand why I'm not my "happy self" Hope that you're doing better than I am... Let me know if anything new happens. Thanks for thinking of me.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We are in the same place as I would be 11 weeks now too and the baby measured 6w3d. The only thing I've done is drink the raspberry tea but things are progressing for me. Sorry if TMI but I had very heavy bleeding last night and most of today, way more than a normal period. I haven't passed any tissue yet but I think I will hopefully be able to avoid the D&C which is scheduled for Thursday. Luckily my DH is back so it's much less scary now. I haven't had any pain thus far, just slight cramping. Since we are at the same point maybe things will start happening for you any day. Hang in there. I'm thinking about you. (((hugs)))

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just a quick update...it's over. I had major heavy bleeding and passed a lot of clots, etc. yesterday (definitely saw the placenta and the baby) and now I'm having just light bleeding. I will go later this week for an ultrasound to confirm that everything is complete but I really believe it is. I don't know if drinking the tea helped or not but I had very little pain with the miscarriage and was expecting it to be bad from reading everyones experiences. I took motrin a couple times but really only had mild cramping. I'm glad it's over...I will post my whole experience on the sticky above soon. I'm feeling pretty weak today, not surprising after the huge amount of blood loss. I think I will pick up some iron supplements and I know I need to drink a lot of water. Glad to be able to talk about this here.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.
: I found "The Natural Pregnancy Book" by Aviva Jill Romm to be quite helpful after my miscarriage. She has steps to take to prevent infection, help with anemia, speed healing, etc...thought you might be interested.

Wishing you peace in the next few weeks.
:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Glad that things are over for you "Nicksmom". I'm still waiting. I had some heavier bleeding two evenings ago and thought "this is it" and after I went to bed had no bleeding and NONE all day today. Just weird and annoying!! I'm thinking that with my luck I'll be in the ER on 4th of July!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
*Another update*

I really thought everything had passed. The bleeding yesterday morning was light and I went out and ran a few errands. At around 2 I started bleeding again. I thought no big deal. Well, it just did not stop. Every time I would stand up I would gush. It was scary and I started feeling faint. We called the doctor and he met us at the ER. I bled all over my clothes just walking into the hospital. Luckily DH grabbed a wheel chair and had me sit and the nurse got me some sheets to put on my lap. They took us right away. My blood count was a little low but not terrible and my blood pressure was pretty low. The doctor ordered an ultrasound which showed tissue still remaining. I could not believe the amount of blood. It was midnight by then and I was still gushing. I got up to use the bathroom once and almost passed out. I had no choice but to have the D&E and they took me down for surgery at 1. I was home at 3, it was really quick. It felt so good to be home. I'm still feeling light headed today but relieved that the bleeding has finally decreased to AF type flow. Dawn, I hope things go better for you. I would have never imagined having to go to the ER for this. I'm going to try to rest today as much as possible. I'll be thinking about you.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm so sorry
that things ended up like that for you. As for me I am still sitting around. Nothing really happening. After your story I decided that enough is enough and I called and got scheduled for a d&c on friday morning. Maybe that will stir something up
We can only hope!

I was thinking I was doing pretty well and then when I got in the shower after calling I started crying again... I guess that I'm not doing as good as I thought... Although I'm nervous everyone in my life has been pretty supportive and I will be happy to just be able to move on without still being pregnant. As of friday I will be 12wks and 1 day and that really hurts since theoretically my first trimester risk is supposed to go down...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.