Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My 3 month old has reflux. We were prescribed to give them pepcid but took him immediately off b/c of the terrible side effects. I have to hold him up to nurse him like actually stand or wait until he is sleeping to nurse and it is very hard. I wanted to know if there is anything natural that I can give him to help with this situation. I already tried Gripe Water but is there any homepathic remedies to help a baby with reflux?

Thanks

·
Registered
351 Posts
I sympathise and have been there, it was awful but they do come through it. I found that weak (in your case exceptionallly weak) chamomile tea helped a little as did the Boiron chamillia capsules as they sooth the acid and support the throat. Basically any chamillia (or chamomilla) teething remedies soothe the tum. You can help by drinking chamomile tea yourself and avoid the following in your own diet;
onion
garlic
brocolli
chocolate
caffiene
excessive dairy
cucumber
red meat
tomato
citrus

All of these are triggers for reflux and your milk will be affecting your ds. BM really is the best thing, try feeding your dc on the bus or play a white noise cd that helped with my ds. Rocking really helped too or you could try feeding in a sling while moving around. Little and often is the key.

I hope this is helpful. PM me if you need more support. By the way we had our ds on Zantac (Ranitadine) which worked well for a while. You have to make sure your doctor ups the dosage as they get bigger.

Hugs to you, I know how hard this is. x

·
Registered
69 Posts
((HUGS))

My ds was on prevacid and Zantac and now is on axid

he isnt acid refluxing just aspirates directly and also when he spits up

hes had 2 ph probes done one was an impedence and they were pretty normal.

I would love to hear of homeopathic remedies

I think I have heard craniosacral therapy which he has had done but I just cant afford it anymore

I hope your baby gets better soon I dont know about you but Ive been cutting out those foods and there isnt much fo me to eat so my supply isnt so great and I am hungry so its not working for me I cant afford the whole foods

You should take flax seed oil and yogurt to have probiotics check out the threads on that for some relief

Jessica

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
My son had terrible reflux, and I took him off Zantac for the horrid side effects as well. We put him on homeopathic ipecac 6x, and it cured it completely. Just took him off of it when he turned one, and he's been fine since.

Hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts